Friday 9 August 2013

Weekly Inspiration ~ 5-9 August

Actually enjoying an assignment:
I'm studying a children's services paper at the moment ( of my own choice!) and the assignments look really valuable. I'm looking forward to learning about lots of other practical areas of children's librarianship.

Pittacus Lore:
I've been making a conscious effort to try and read more for relaxation purposes rather than textbooks or professional reading. This series has been really popular in our library and I can see why. I've finished both the first and second in one day each and I can't wait to read the third.

Kristin Cashore:
Cashore has written a rather gritty YA fantasy series which exceeded expectations. I enjoyed the first two books in the series, Graceling and Fire, more than the third, Bitterblue. I would recommend these books to older teens as they deal with some quite grown up themes ( not that it is our job to censor of course). 

My job:
Has anyone had those days or weeks, when everything seems to be ticking along nicely, problems have been resolved and you find renewed passion for your job? Well, I'm having one of those phases now and I hope it lasts for a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment