Tuesday 23 July 2013

Holiday fun

I had the best experience this afternoon. During the school holidays our computer bookings are through the roof and I love it! It’s a great chance to connect with kids who wouldn’t normally come into the library. The opportunity to get to know them a little better came today when one 7 year old asked me if I wanted to play Hangman with him. He was so cute and earnest I couldn’t resist! After running it by my manager ( it’s not strictly work) I got the go ahead so I headed out the front to where about five kids were gathered. For about half an hour I played Chess, Hangman and Guess Who. It was so fun seeing them become more comfortable with me and I was able to share with them some of the things I get to do as a “li-bear-ian”  :)
It's moments like these, that make me love my job and our little ( ish)  library even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment