Friday 28 June 2013

Weekly Inspiration ~ 24-28 June

It's been great getting back to work after being sick with the flu but it hasn't all been smooth sailing. While I was sick I was getting a little stir crazy so I worked on quite a few blog posts. When I got to work and wanted to publish one I noticed they were all gone! I'm so gutted as I'm always so careful with saving my work. I've tried to write them again but the inspiration just isn't there. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there any way to find my posts?

On a brighter note, here are the things that have been inspiring me this week.

The Librarian's nitty-gritty guide to social media: This book is so good! I can't stop raving about it to anyone who will listen. Definitely recommend this :)




Maori Language Week: I look forward to this every year. Our library always hosts lots of school groups performing Waiata and Kapa Haka and they are so cute! Here's a picture of a group from last year performing :)



Seven Sharp's Sharpest Town: Was stoked to find that Oamaru made the cut! I'm looking forward to seeing what parts of town the team have covered and whether it's a true representation of how awesome Oamaru is.

As always, I'd love to hear, read or see anything that you have found inspiring or motivating over the last week. Just leave a comment here on the blog or send me a tweet @JuliadeRuiter

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia - thanks for the recommendation of The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Social Media. We don't have it in the catalogue at MPOW but I've requested it from another library on the BONUS+ scheme that we belong to. With the end of Blogjune and the start of #CommentJuly this looks like a really useful read - especially for marketing and best
    practices. Regarding losing your posts - I accidentally clicked Delete as it's very close to Edit on an iPad - luckily I was able to retrieve it from the Trash folder. I don't know if that's the same in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete