Thursday 6 December 2012

Convert

I am proud to announce that I am now an ereader convert! I bought an iPad last week -*happy dance* and made myself download an ebook onto my Bluefire reader app.
I just finished Revived by Cat Patrick last night and I loved the book and the whole ereading experience.

It wasn't all a smooth transition though. At first I didn't like it as the font was too big and the screen was too bright but after a few adjustments I was set :) The only thing I don't like about reading off of the iPad is that it's not very comfy in bed unless you are sitting up. I always read before bed so that was a bit of a bummer. Maybe if I'm good until Christmas, Santa will bring me a smaller Sony ereader like my library has? :)
Our library has a great selection of ebooks and I've been having fun searching our catalogue. This is quite a momentous occasion for someone who swore they would always love actual paper books and never read ebooks and definitely would NOT write a blog post about them!
I still feel a little like I'm betraying the old school books sitting on my shelf but it's just so much fun on the iPad!




I'd love to hear of your ebook experiences, just send me a tweet @JuliadeRuiter or leave a comment here on the blog :)

Julia


2 comments:

  1. You have an iPad? Jealous :)
    I also quite enjoy reading ebooks, but I read them on my iPod (which I won doing a survey 3-4 years ago), which has a much smaller screen. On the positive side though, it is great for reading in bed!!! I do a mixture of reading from physical books and on the iPod. The longest book I read on the iPod was War and Peace as my local library had it in 5 volumes and volume 1 was missing! That was pretty epic :)

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite believe I have an iPad! I've heard that reading on the the iPod is quite fun but I can't imagine reading the whole of War and Peace- what a mission! I've seen the movie-is the book good?

    ReplyDelete