Wednesday 28 November 2012

Book Review: Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances Dowell O'Rourke

Here comes another book review for my 30 Day Book Challenge- only three more to go now!

This was a very light, easy read, which I got through in one sitting.
It follows a teenage girl, who, when she was younger convinced her parents it would be awesome to live on a farm. Now, she wishes she hadn't because she is ridiculed at school for being a country hick. 

This book was much like others of its kind and when compared to something like Somebody Everybody Listens To by Suzanne Supplee, it really doesn't stand a chance.

The style of writing didn't make me connect with the story, which is what I really look for in a good novel. I didn't relate to the main character or her family and somehow felt that the whole book felt a bit half- hearted.

Not a terrible book, but certainly not my favourite either. Next up on the review list is Artichokes Heart by Suzanne Supplee- currently one of my favourite authors.

I'd love to hear any feedback about the blog or the books I'm reading- just leave me a comment here on the blog or tweet me @JuliadeRuiter

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment