Tuesday 13 November 2012

Book Review: Making your House a Home by Clare Nolan

Hi everyone,
Here comes review number two of the 30 Day Book Challenge!
I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to pretty books, so when I saw this new book in our library I couldn't resist :)

Basically, the book is all about how to decorate your home on the cheap, seasonal living and appreciating the small things in life. It is beautifully photographed and very sensible in the tips and ideas mentioned. My favourite part of the book was the fact that it had sections devoted to the seasons. The Americans have such distinct seasons and seem to decorate their homes accordingly- oranges and reds for autumn and cozy throws and candles in winter for example. I'd love to apply this way of living to me in New Zealand- the book gave me some good inspiration for this.  A great weekend read- I've flicked through it multiple times already. Technically, this wasn't really reading but it was a nice break from some of the other deep and meaningful books I've been reading for this challenge :)
 
 
Does anyone have any other great books about home decorating etc that they would recommend? I'd love to hear from you! Just leave a comment here on the blog or tweet me @JuliadeRuiter
 
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment