Thursday 20 September 2012

It's a crazy life!

Wow, it has been ages since my last blog post and so much has happened- mostly in my personal life. I've just had a few days break in Christchurch, I'm going to be moving house, am trying to get an assignment done that just doesn't want to work,and am working on preparing a scrapbooking class that I'm going to run in the school holidays. Phew! Oh, and in two weeks I'll be off to Queenstown with my family to celebrate my birthday! 

It was so refreshing to have a break from work but I am definitely glad to be back ( even with the mountain of work that awaited me when I walked in the door this morning!). Even though my life is crazy busy, work is the one thing that stays the same every day!

The paper I'm working on at the moment is all about the reference encounter and user education. When I'm on the front desk helping patrons, I'm really focusing on using the skills I have been learning in the modules. It has definitely changed the way I treat reference enquiries. When I finish work today, I'll be rushing home to get my assignment done-wish me luck! 

Will update with a proper post about reference/user education when things calm down a bit!

Hope everyone has had a great week! As always, any comments and feedback are welcomed, here or on Twitter @JuliadeRuiter

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment