Saturday 18 August 2012

Book review- The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf by Ambelin Kwaymullina

Okay,  I love this book so much! It is different to other young adult fiction that I normally read but I really enjoyed it. The main character is called Ashala Wolf and she is the leader of a tribe of rebels that all have special supernatural talents. It is set in a government controlled dystopian world where anyone with certain gifts deemed ‘dangerous’ are taken away but nobody knows what happens to them. Ashala is captured by the soldiers and the book tells what happens to her after that and her fight for the truth and freedom. The author is Australian with Aboriginal roots. This gave the book a really cool, tribal/spiritual feel that I loved. I felt it was written well and with finesse. It did get a bit confusing in parts though as the plot jumped from different times in her life/dreams. This novel explores themes of loyalty, courage and betrayal. All is not what it seems……
Overall, a great, entralling read for fans of anything a little different.
As always, comment and let me know if you’ve read it and what you think. Or, tweet me @JuliadeRuiter

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment